Monday 29 June 2009

Provencal Pork skewers

At the recent BBC Good Food show I ended up picking up a copy of Easy Cook magazine, as the stall had run out of the Vegetarian magazine I was originally hoping for in a special deal. To my surprise upon reading through, there are quite a few recipes I have marked for future making, including Aubergines stuffed with spicy lamb and a lush looking Pink Strawberry Cheesecake. As the magazine title suggests, none of the recipes require much effort but it does offer up a good range of easy, after work meals.

The first recipe I had to try however were these great Provencal Pork skewers, the 'marinade' takes a minute to throw together and about 15 minutes tops to assemble, including soaking the skewers! I really enjoyed these and will definitely be adding to the 'keeper' pile!

Pork fillet is a great cut, and considerably less pricier compared to beef fillet, my 400g (ish) piece was about £4.16 at the local butchers.

Serves 4

600g pork fillet
bunch of spring onions
2 tsp dried thyme (or basil)
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp olive oil

If using wooden skewers, soak for 10 minutes - check they fit in your frying pan, I had to halve mine!

Cut the pork and spring onions into bite size pieces, place in a bowl with remaining ingredients, mix well and thread onto the skewers. Heat a suitable pan or grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally until browned.

We had ours with grilled potatoes and a little salad.

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Anne and I bet very tasty mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've never heard of that magazine, but based on the look of those pork skewers, it's one to look out for! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look super. My husband loves food on skewers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a great recipe, I have never bought Easy Magazine (must be the only one never to have crossed the threshold though).
    Great after work recipe Anne.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10