Wednesday 12 October 2011

Philly Meatball Pasta

This recipe originates from a recipe card, sent through months back from the nice people at Golin Harris, on behalf of Philadelphia and I am somewhat overdue in posting!

The meatballs were quick and easy to make, and I really liked the creamy sauce. Its a great work night dinner that doesn’t require too much effort and delivers on flavour! I particularly liked the mustard in the sauce as it gives a gentle kick! I really do find any excuse nowadays to add wholegrain mustard to a dish!

Serves 4

300g linguine (I used spaghetti)
6 cumberland or similar sausages
Splash sunflower oil
1 large onion, finely chopped (I used a red onion instead)
1 clove garlic, sliced
150g light philiadelphia
2tsp wholegrain mustard
75ml approx. beef stock
1 tbsp chopped parsley, optional


Boil pasta as per packet instructions

Meanwhile skin the sausges, and roll the meat into small balls. Brown in a pan until cooked through and reserve

Fry the onion and garlic in the pan , until softened. Stir in the philly, stock and mustard and gently warm through. Add the parsley, if using, and the meatballs. Heat through, add to the drained pasta and serve immediately.

Apologies for the bad picture - it looks a lot better in real life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10