Monday 25 January 2016

Meal Planning Monday

Last week passed in a food fueled blur! I seemed to be cooking non stop, I think partly distraction therapy as the fibro pain has been a bit higher than usual and partly boredom! I had been feeling completely exhausted but it may have been down to my Vitamin D was low, and now the pills have kicked in I am feeling a bit more human again! This is just a snap shot of what was being baked or eaten:

From left to right:
1) My 3rd batch of cheese scones in as many weeks - this used up a little truckle of Applewood cheddar leftover from Christmas
2) A heavenly lemon and ginger loaf cake - definitely going to re-bake and write down quantities! It was so light, lemony and little bursts of crystallized ginger made it dreamy!
3) A fridge surprise hash of fried new potatoes, greens, butternut squash in a creamy cheese and garlic sauce- not very pretty but very tasty!


We stayed fairly on plan last week, only Tuesday got completely changed. Though due to erratic shifts of my boyfriend its a bit higgledy piggledy as we are often eating at different times, so I've been trying to cook things that can re-heat fairly safely too! Just to make things extra challenging!

This week I planned, then moved everything around and think am happy now... is a mixed week of evening plans, work and friends and family feasting! Also a few freezer meals

Salt and pepper calamari, with lemony caper potatoes and green beans
Spicy Sausage patties, lettuce wraps, either freekeh or rice
Baked Camembert, my home made green tomato chutney and baguette
Corned beef hash, something green
Bread crumbed tuna steaks, sesame udon noodles + veg of some sort

linky

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely sounding meal plan! I've recently been taking super strength Vitamin D tablets as I'm prone to low levels and it makes a noticeable difference to my energy levels and general aches and pains. Hope you continue to feel better. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love corned beef mash! Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cheese scones look good!...as does the baked camembert on the meal plan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10